Friday, December 15, 2023

"Dream Scenario" Review

 

by John Zenoni


Well, I've seen some strange films in my lifetime but I have to say that the latest starring Nicholas Cage, ‘Dream Scenario’, is without a doubt one of the strangest. The premise is actually pretty good and original.

Cage plays a tenured professor at a major university, has two daughters that he adores (but they are at that awkward teenage stage where parents are more annoying than cool) and a wife who he loves very much, when people begin to tell him that he's suddenly showing up in their dreams. The odd thing is - besides the fact that so many people are seeing him appear - that he's just there and doesn't do anything in the dreams. Initially, he and his family find it strange and annoying but then he becomes a local legend and he begins to enjoy the attention. But eventually people begin to report that he changes and in the dreams begins to become violent so people turn on him and he becomes a ‘monster’ to them.

The way the film plays out is so odd; and don’t even ask me about the ending, as I still don’t understand it. But with that being said, Cage does give a great performance and I can see why he's getting accolades. If you choose to see the film, do so for his performance. But I wouldn't recognize it otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment